Find out some low cost effective ways to promote your business online.
Promotion is essential for the success of every business. Promoting your business is a great way to present your products and services to existing and potential customers. It is a great way to let them know what are the benefits that you offer compared to those of your competitors.
If your marketing budget is tight there are some free or low cost effective ways that you could try to promote your business online.
1. Be more active on Social Media
What are the benefits of using social media as part of your marketing strategy?
Being more active on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube etc., is a great way to promote your products and services online. Here are some of the advantages of social media channels.
- It is an extremely fast way to spread news and information – If you have many followers the messages that you post on social media can instantly reach thousands of users around the world.
- It has a positive effect for SEO – social media activity is a ranking factor used by Google and the other search engines.
- Social Media is a trend – in order to stay close to your customers you need to keep up with the latest developments in marketing.
- It is an opportunity to interact with your customers and find out what their needs and expectations are. You can easily find out what your existing and potential customers think about your products and services by going through their comments and their voting and sharing.
2. Start your own Blog
Having a blog on your website is another way to connect with your customers directly. Adding fresh content on your website in the form of blog posts could help it get higher positions in search engines results pages and there for make it more likely for people to click on it.
The comment section of your blog will give you the opportunity to have discussion with your customers and to gain insight into what your clients needs and wants are. Giving more attention to your readers and responding to their comments and questions will also give you a chance to build more trust in your customers.
When potential customers come across your blog posts and find out that they provide helpful information about relevant topics, they would be more likely to use your products and services instead of those of your competitors.
3. Create Video Content for YouTube
YouTube has become the second largest search engine after Google. A lot of people are using the video platform to find out more information about different topics that they are interested in.
According to 2017 State of Video Marketing report (http://www.curata.com/blog/video-content-marketing/), 73% of
customers have bought a product or a service from a company after watching an explanation video about what they have to offer.
The statistics show that 97% of business that are using informative videos claim that it helps users understand their products and services better.
People often prefer to see how something works rather than only read about it, especially if the product is a software and it is hard for the customer to figure out what the product does.
If you decide to create a video content about your products and services or about your company in general, you have several options to do it.
- You and your team could develop the videos. This is a good option if your budget is very tight. However you still need to make sure that your videos have some reasonable level of quality even though they are an amateur production.
- You could find an agency that could do the videos for you. This is a more expensive option but you will save your team a lot of time and effort and you will be sure that you will have a high quality video.
- You can partner with bloggers and influencers. They could create your videos and promote them to a large and relevant audience.
Press releases are a powerful media tool that will give you the needed publicity and will also provide you with a number of SEO benefits.
Some of the benefits of using press releases to promote your business are the following:
- Enhanced credibility
- Reach greater number of existing and potential customers
- SEO benefits
There are numerous news websites that you could use for press releases in order to reach your target audience that will give your business more credibility and instant exposure.
It is worth to do a press releases on different occasions such as a launch of a new product or service, a new partnership with a prominent company or to maybe to share a recent success of your business.
Online press releases are optimised so that their content appeals to both readers and search engines. A well written article would contain targeted keywords that will attract search engines to your site and bring quality traffic that will result in the desired conversions.
Take advantage of some or all of the discussed above online marketing strategies. Your business will definitely benefit from them. A well designed promotional and marketing strategies will bring you a long-lasting success in the form of more customers and higher return on investment.